Summer School Blog Post AM 6

What did you learn in class today? How did you learn it (explain the activities and lessons you completed.) What was your favorite part of class today and why?

We learned about imperialism and decolonization by watching videos and responding to questions digitally. My favorite part of class was doing the quizizz before starting the assignment because it gave me a good understanding of how much I know about the topic.

I learned about imperialism and how they took away so much from the colonized. The colonizers took over their homes and mistreated those who inhabited the land. I also learned how decolonization allowed the colonized to have independence from those who held them dependent. My favorite part of class was working on my assignments while listening to Mrs. Byars musical playlist. I especially loved Hamilton and Dear Evan Hansen. 

I learned what imperialism is and how it relates to colonization. Colonization is claiming an already developed land as your own. Imperialism is taking control of what you colonized. Colonization is the cause and imperialism is the effect. I watched the crash course video and worked on the #06 Reactions to Imperialism Hyperdoc. The assignment consisted of comprehension of the video and quotes about colonization. My favorite part of class was working at my own pace.

Do you think what you learned today helps you better understand the world today? Does it make you more prepared to be a citizen of the world? Why or why not?

I think what I learned gives me a perspective over how people were treated and how people think. I believe it does prepare me to be a citizen of the world because it makes me want to not let this happen again.

I believe that what I learned today did help me better my understanding of the world today. Imperialism still exists to this day and I'm glad I got to know what it is.

Some Examples of Student Work: 






Questions from my students for our readers: 

  1. What is your opinion on imperialism?
  2. How do you think imperialism affects today's society? 
Have you listened to our podcast yet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from others! Thank you for posting a comment for the class to read.