Summer School AM Blog

What did you learn in class today?

"I learned that history truly does connect with any career. Not only that but there is many skills that I am able to learn that I can use in the real world." Alex S. 

"I learned some skills that will help me in my future career.I also learned that every career will have history or the skills that history offer." Yadira S.  

"I learned many things, like the other people in my class and how this class affects me and will help me in my career in my future if I participate in this class to the best of my ability." Sebastian 


What were some of the activities we did in class today? 

"We took notes and went on quizlet to help learn the definitions quickly." Shya

"You gave us examples of jobs you think would not need history but then you proved they do." Quentin

"We learned about technology grit and how it can help us in any career." Emma 


What was your favorite part of class today and why?

"I enjoyed getting to know my classmates and what they liked and disliked" Ashley 

"Everything, I expected it to not be so fun, but I enjoyed it and I'm sure I'll be able to learn more easily" Adalith 

"My favorite part of today was doing the interview activity, because i was able to learn more about those round me in order to better communicate with them."  - Aracely 

Do you think what you learned today helps you better understand the world today? Does it make you more prepare to be a citizen of the world?Why or why not?

"I feel that it helps me understand the world a little better because it educated me that there actually is a valid reason to have a history class." Quentin 

"Most definitely. This lesson gives me the knowledge to get my life on the road to success. It also helps me as a citizen because now i can figure out how to deal with the problems of the world by thinking outside of the box." Tyson 

"Yes, I learned trans-disciplinary- the concept that a singular idea does not stand alone, I can make connections through several ideas that seem unlike each other. I am indeed more prepared because I have less tunnel vision and think of the world as whole rather than separated into individual sections; everything's connected"  Hayden 


10 comments:

  1. Interviews are a great way to work on your listening and speaking! It takes a lot of skill to craft meaningful questions and answers—and guaranteed you’ll be interviewed for a job at some point! Practicing with your classmates is a great opportunity to work on those skills. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing this with my students.

      Delete
  2. Scholars, Thank you for sharing your insight on how you are learning! I look for to reading your blog and learning from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like it was a fruitful day for you all. I know that even though you're at school during the summer, you will be able to gain valuable knowledge that you can apply in the future. Take advantage of this opportunity to learn with others-make the best of your summer. Please feel free to be as specific as possible in your posts so that I can learn right alongside you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read our class blog and encouraging the learning.

      Delete
  4. The word grit stood out to me. Angela Duckworth talks about grit as perseverance. Your will and the passion to succeed will drive your learning. Our learning takes often takes place in failures and having the grit the continue and strive to success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read, respond, and inspire my class!

      Delete
  5. Wow, I'm so inspired by your learnings on just the first day. I love that you are beginning to see the importance of history and it's connection to our immediate worlds, and most importantly your futures. I look forward to seeing how you grow as learners. Embrace this journey. You have an awesome teacher in Mrs. Byars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read and share your views with my class! And as always, thank you for your support and encouragement!

      Delete

We love hearing from others! Thank you for posting a comment for the class to read.