Summer School PM Blog 1

What did you learn in class today?
"Today I learned about all the skills that are asked for in today's professions and why its so important to know that and the reason it is strange is because these skills have never been asked of people before."- Brittani 

"Today I learned about my classmates and how technology and communication will help me in my future career choice." Isaac

"I learned about the purpose of social media, what colleges and careers are now expecting of us, and how that this class will prepare us for our future." Timothy 



What were some of the activities we did in class today? 
"First we used google slides to get to know our classmates, the used our online journals to take notes on the lecture. last we used canvas to turn our reflections on our first two reflections." Arianna 

"We did activities on communicating with others and got a lecture on how this class will help us with our future." Isaac 

"My favorite part in class was learning about my partner because I like to socialize." Alexis 

What was your favorite part of class today and why?
"My favorite part of class today is being able to work on the computers instead of paper like we normally do. It is something new that i wish we did in other classes." Matteo

"My favorite part was doing the similarity and differences worksheets with other students because they served as "icebreakers" and allowed us to get to know classmates." Jenika 

"When I met new students from different schools that have different point of views."  Isaac 


Do you think what you learned today helps you better understand the world today? Does it make you more prepare to be a citizen of the world?Why or why not?
"Yes because I really understand how technology is a big part of society today and that if I was to be a successful citizen I need to be able to navigate through technology." Aniyah 

"Yes i do believe learning this content helped me build a better understanding on how to be ready for the world, and build a plan before hand. How using my tools and knowledge is significant to building my future." Lauryn 

"I think it will help because I will always have these terms in the back of my mind when I apply for a Job , or even when I am in school trying to get a good grade." - Joshua

4 comments:

  1. Scholars, Thank you for sharing your learning! I look forward to reading your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those of you who like to socialize...and to those of you who don't, today's careers often ask you to collaborate with others-so it's best to get used to the idea of working with a variety of people, even though, it may not always seem easy. Working with others inside and outside an organization is a valuable 21st century skill. Keep this in mind whenever you are asked to work with partners or in a group. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you move forward I look forward to reading more about your learning. Being able to reflect and learn more about sharing your "voice" online. You have the opportunity to connect to a level of information never seen before. Being able then work creatively with that information and then communicate your ideas will serve you well across all of your courses and beyond your time here at Eleanor Roosevelt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your responses to these questions. Technology is such a big part of our world and the professions we chose to embark upon. Finding meaningful way to use technology to build understanding and connections with each other is key to success. I look forward to seeing how you grow and learn in this capacity. Enjoy this summer school experience as an opportunity to learn new things about each other and the world around you.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from others! Thank you for posting a comment for the class to read.