Summer School AM Blog Post 5


Here is what class was like for 3 students today: 

Today we continued with the enlightened ideals that inspired revolts across the world. We learned it through researching about an assigned revolution and how the enlightenment impacted the revolution and later creating a podcast. My favorite part of today was being able to look at documents that were created during the revolution and the enlightenment ideals that are presented in the document.

Today, we learned a new method for annotating articles. I learned about women's suffrage by annotating with my phone, using emojis and adding in stuff.That was my favorite part of the day because we got to use social media to complete a school assignment.

Today in class I learned about the French Revolution and the Mexican Revolution. We had to complete book snaps, which is a new way of annotating.I read an article about the Mexican revolution and annotated it using snapchat. The second part of class consisted of preparing for a podcast. I was assigned a quote about the French Revolution and i researched it. My favorite part of class was creating the book snaps since its so much better than regular annotating.

Students use #Booksnaps to annotate primary sources! 



Today I asked my students what questions they had for your readers. They'd like to hear from YOU:
  1. How did learning or reading about the enlightenment help influence your perspective?
  2. Will history help you with your future career?
  3. What revolution do you think is the most important?
  4. What do you think of the new way students are learning nowadays? How do you think this will effect the children in the future?
  5. What makes you excited to read this blog?


We'd love for you to answer one or two of the questions in the comments below! 



4 comments:

  1. Hi friends. I really like your observations about what you learned--and LOVE your #booksnaps too! I actually have no idea about the Mexican or the French Revolution...I think what I love most about teaching and learning today vs when I was young (I am super old) is the number of possibilities. You can create things using technology that never even existed when I was in school. You have access to primary sources without having to go to a university Library to read it on a microfiche (look that up). Thanks for your blog post. Waving from Canada :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question 2 - History will help me in my career as I have learned and observed that it keeps repeating itself. I wish this wasn't true as revolutions often result in too many people who die.
    Question 5 - What makes this blog exciting to read is that amazing students created it! The details that were added about which strategies made learning more fun, were terrific! Kudos to all involved!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Such amazing stuff going on in B210! As a teacher I am always so excited to hear what you do and don't like about all of the new WAYS you are learning. Hearing your feedback about what you enjoy gives me a better idea of ways I can make learning meaningful for my students too!

    I think students nowadays have found ways to be more "efficient" in their learning, which can be both a positive and negative thing. A lot of us tend to be very goal-driven. Tell me what I need to do so I can get started and get finished; efficiency may be a key (the last of 4, right Mrs. Byars...😉) The quickest way may not always be the most fun or the most effective OR the most meaningful. Part of our jobs as teachers is to create and environment that allows you all to stop and think about and be creative with the things you're learning, and sometimes teachers need your help to do that--so keep giving feedforward! Be constructive, and creative, and be present, because realistically, the class you are in now is just a tiny part of your life--and we get that, but hopefully it turns out to be a part you enjoy!

    I digress. You guys are awesome sauce. Keep up the great learning! #FrenchRevolution #Napolean:HeroOrVillain? #NowIWantCake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good evening fellow historians!!
    I am a history teacher in Ohio and I love seeing all the learning going on.
    Question 2 - History is very important to understand so you know where we came from and where we are headed.
    Question 4 - I love where learning is headed, change it good! I am trying to implement new strategies into my classroom just like your teacher is. FYI, you have an amazing teacher that I love to gleen ideas from. Learning how to use technology, how to think, and learn will help you tremendously in your life.
    Question 5 - I am up at 10:45pm eastern time reading this blog when I should be going to bed. :) This is so cool to see and I love being able to see your progress. Lead on!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from others! Thank you for posting a comment for the class to read.