Summer School AM Blog 2

What did you learn in class today?

"I learned a lot about my classmate Evelyn. i learned about the enlightenment a movement that went from Europe to america. i learned that some ideas can be worth fighting for and that some ideas can make a change in the world but if there is no action towards the thought then its just a pointless idea. i learned that some people didn't all have the same rights, and that some people would starve them selves to fight for what they believe in. over all i learned a lot today." Elizabeth 

"I learned who the people are in my class.One of the things I also learned was that Gandhi had starved himself to peacefully remove the British from their country. The PowerPoint helped refresh my memory on what the Russian Revolution was and reviewed the terms "imperialism" and "nationalism"" Natalie 

How did you learn it (explain the activities and lessons you completed?)

"I learned more about my peers from the interview that we took about their childhood and how their life is now. We took notes on the key concepts of our first unit, which helped me gain a little bit more knowledge on what we will be learning during this class." Katahna

"I learned the information from note taking. I've never used this method of taking notes, where we listen and after a few main details , we write what learned. This new method is surprisingly really helpful, it helps me retain more information and it challenges me to remember more things now." Ana 

What was your favorite part of today?

"My favorite part of class was the lecture because I believe that when a teacher lectures the class they put more energy and the class pays more attention. I also loved when Mrs. Byars introduced the several revolutions that we will cover in this class." Jailene

"My favorite part of class was the welcome slide because it shows other people who we are" Dominic 

"My favorite part of class was creating the about me Google slide. I felt like I could express myself." Vianney 

Do you think what you learned today helps you better understand the world today? Does it make you more prepare to be a citizen of the world?Why or why not?

"I think its important to know about these revolutions, as they not only affected the people in the past, they can still affect us now. Yes, I do think that realizing the background of the revolutions will prepare me to see the world in a new light." Natalie 

"It makes me wonder how easy would it be for an Idea of my thought to change my community, let alone the entire world. :thinkingemoji:" Daniel F 

"A lesson I was taught today through the video interview is to get to know the person before judging them or talking about them, because we never fully know the person into we put ourselves into their shoes." Arcely  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from others! Thank you for posting a comment for the class to read.